Two quick & easy vegan BBQ ‘add-ons’ you can make whether you’re hosting or attending.
This weekend we had some family over for a BBQ and alongside the usual components
I decided to make some healthy hummus accompanied by
Healthy Hummus and Pita Chips
- 1 400g chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (depending on desired consistency)
- Drain the chickpeas and put in a food processor.
- Add the garlic, tahini, squeeze of 1 lemon juice, olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Blitz then taste to check the seasoning, adding more oil or lemon juice if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with pita chips.
- 1 pack wholemeal pitta bread
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees (fan oven).
- Peel pita pockets apart so you have single layers of bread.
- Cut up pita bread into small triangles.
- Place on a baking tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle over sea salt and black pepper.
- Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with your homemade hummus.
Easy 3-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate peanut butter cupsIngredients
- 300g 75% cocoa organic dark chocolate
- 1 jar peanut butter
- Coconut oil
Chocolate peanut butter cupsMethod
- Put some water on to boil in a pan, place a bowl over the top and melt the chocolate with 3 tablespoons coconut oil, stirring to combine.
- In another bowl, mix the peanut butter with 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil, enough for a smooth and non-sticky texture.
- Line a baking tray with cupcake cases and fill with a spoonful of melted chocolate.
- Then, place a spoonful of the peanut butter mixture on top, followed by another layer of melted chocolate.
- Place in the freezer to freeze, remove 15 minutes before serving with some peanut butter vegan ice cream.
So there you have 2 super quick, easy and impressive small dishes you can make to accompany the rest of the food for guests at your BBQ, or to bring along with you as a tasty contribution to any gettogether you may be attending.